School of the future: The Bavarian International School gAG (BIS) with campuses in Munich and Haimhausen
1,200 students from 56 nations with 44 different mother tongues learn at the two campuses of the Bavarian International School gAG (BIS) in Haimhausen and Munich-City (Leopoldstraße). Under the motto “Believe. Inspire. Succeed” the children and young people enjoy a pedagogically holistic education. Academic excellence, intercultural competence, collaborative and innovative learning, and social responsibility characterize the spirit of the recognized IB World School.
Around 170 teachers from 29 different countries guarantee a tailor-made apprenticeship along the individual needs and strengths of the children. An expression of the joint success is the above-average IB Diploma average at the BIS of 34.3 in 2019 (worldwide 29.7).
Individual development of each child in the centre
“We give our students the intellectual, social, emotional and, above all, critical perspectives they need as adults in a global, technological world. They will be able to solve the challenges of the future and make the world a better place,” says Dr Chrissie Sorenson, director of Germany’s third-largest international school. “The pedagogical centre always focuses on the individual development and potential of each child.”
In addition to the school and campus language English, the program also includes German, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese, and the so-called Mother Tongue program offers courses from a further 17 languages.
Ticket to the best universities in the world
The Bavarian International School is a recognized IB World School and only one of two schools in Germany authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) to offer all four IB programs: Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programs (MYP), IB Diploma Programs (DP) and IB Career-related Programs (CP). The degrees are recognized by the best universities in Germany and around the world.
Would you like to get to know the Bavarian International School (bis-school.com)? Its representatives look forward to welcoming parents and children to the Munich Education Days.
Video der Bavarian International School
- Pupils: approx. 1,200 from 56 nations
- Teacher: approx. 170 from 29 nations
- Orientation: holistic educational offer from preschool to university entrance qualification
- Specifics: academic excellence / all 4 programs of the International Baccalaureate; Organization (PYP, MYP, DP, CP) / individual, holistic education of each individual child / 6 modern languages in the curriculum / Educational Technology (among others 1:1 programs with iPads and MacBooks)
- Special features: extensive extracurricular program / social, social and political programs such as CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service), Model United Nations, Eco-School, International Award / University and Career Advice / School Bus
- Events: Open Days 2020:www.bis-school.com/admissions/open-days
- 10 reasons to become part of the BIS family:www.bis-school.com/admissions/10-reasons-to-join-bis